Roles and Responsibilities
If you decide to report a complaint to your human resource department, it is crucial you understand both the company’s and your responsibilities throughout the process.
Keep in mind, the company’s interests, policies and procedures are being carried out by human resources.
Be prepared to represent yourself through all phases of the process.
- Represent yourself
- Define, speak and hold people accountable to your boundaries
- Document everything!
- Be prepared for each stage of the process
- Represents the company
- Investigates harassment claims directly or hires an outside firm to conduct the investigation
- Assesses risk of a complaint to the company
- Determines resolution for all parties, but with the company’s interest prioritized
- Presents resolution, agreement and settlement offers